In this 2-hour webinar, NMS physiotherapist, Brett Phillips, will discuss the epidemiology/aetiology, clinical assessment and evidence-based management of Chopart and Lisfranc joint sprains respectively.
In acute injuries of the ankle, the midfoot is often completely ignored by the practitioner. Up to 25% of acute ankle injuries also involve the midfoot. Due to the anatomical and functional complexity of the midfoot, missing an acute midfoot injury and inoptimal management could lead to catastrophic consequences in athletic patients. Join Brett to upskill yourself on identifying and managing these surprisingly prevalent conditions.
What Will You Learn?
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the midfoot
- Epidemiology and aetiology of Chopart joint sprains
- Epidemiology and aetiology of Lisfranc joint sprains
- Classification of midfoot injuries
- Clinical assessment and diagnosis of acute midfoot injury
- Differential diagnoses for midfoot pain
- Evidence-based management of Chopart joint sprains
- Evidence-based management of Low-Energy Lisfranc joint sprains
- Clinical decision-making schematic for acute midfoot injury